Great Garden Search Contest
Contest Is Now Closed
Please see below for the winning details.
Was to help the Toronto Community Garden Network find community gardens that aren't listed on their website.
Participants in the contest looked at the list of Community Gardens then, walk around, use google maps, searched high and low, to find community gardens that are NOT listed on the website.
When they found new gardens they e-mailed their entries to Norma Dickinson or entered them on-line.
The grand prize went to the participant who found the most number of gardens that were not on the TCGN website.
- In this case the The grand prize winner found 7 gardens!
- In total 55 new gardens submitted.
- Gardens were be between Steeles Avenue and Lake Ontario, and between the Rouge River and Highway 27.
The grand prize is $150
First Runner Up got: Two Living Food Boxes
The other runner ups won fantastic prizes like:
- Fiskars garden shears-titanium blade coating
- Books - Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces by Gayla Trail, autographed by the author - and Book - Real Food for a Change, by Wayne Roberts
- A Garden Essentials Gift basket - and a Book - Real Food For a Change, by Wayne Roberts
- Book - The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, by Edward C. Smith
- Books - Teaming with Microbes: Organic Gardener's Guide to Soil Food Web, by Jeff Lowenfels & Wayne Lewis and another Book - Composting for Dummies - and a Rain Gauge
- Books - Sustainable Landscaping for Dummies, by Owen E. Dell and another Book - Perenial Companions, by Tom Fischer
- Books - Organic Gardening for Dummies, by Ann Whitman et al Suzanne DeJohn and The Editors of the National Gardening Association - and another Book - Vegetable Gardening for Dummies, by Charlie Nardozzi et al The Editors of The National Gardening Association
- Books - 50 High-Impact, Low-Care Garden Plants, by Tracy Disabato-Aust - and another book - Container Gardening: Design ideas for rooftops, balconies, terraces, and more, by Vicki Webster and Editors of Sunset Books
- Books - Complete Guide to Houseplants, by Miracle-Gro - and - Enjoy Gardening, by Jim Hole - and - Get a Life, by Wayne Roberts
- Books - How Does Your Garden Grow - A guide to Community Garden Success by Laura Berman- and Book - Get a Life, by Wayne Roberts, - and - Sprout Your Own Leafy Vegetables: Complete mini garden kit with seeds and peat pellets and planters
- A bag with Herbed Vinegars - and a Book - The Family Kitchen Garden: How to Plant, Grow and Cook Together - by Karen Liebreich, Jutta Wagner and Annette Wendland
Thank you to:
for generously donating these prizes.
Community gardens that are outside of the Toronto borders are not eligible to win prizes but can still be registered on the TCGN map. You can enter them on-line.
What are Community Gardens